Empyrean Weapons are implimented on Nightbrood with special stats removed and tuned damage appropriate for level 75 play. See Weapon Skill Values for an in-depth look at Empyrean Weapon Skill modifiers.
|Empyrean Weapon||Weapon Type||Equipable By||Weapon Skill|
|Verethragna||Hand-to-Hand||MNK | PUP||Victory Smite|
|Almace||Sword||RDM | PLD||Chant du Cygne|
|Caladolg||Great Sword||WAR | PLD | DRK||Torcleaver|
|Ukonvasara||Great Axe||WAR||Ukko's Fury|
|Hvergelmir||Staff||BLM | SMN | SCH||Myrkr|
|Masamune||Great Katana||SAM||Tachi: Fudo|
|Ochain (Dynamis Lord)||Shield||PLD||N/A|
Though there is no specific lore or story connected to Emperyean Weapons on Nightbrood, the proccess has been carefully crafted to provide a fun and challenging experience for new and established players alike!
To obtain an Empyrean weapon you will need:
- A Stage One Weapon
- All six Stage Two Key Items
- All seven Eggs
Once you have met these requirements, trade your Stage One weapon and seven eggs to the Moogle sitting beside Bahamut in the hangout zone. You must be on the corresponding job. You will instantly be rewarded with a fully functional Empyrean weapon. Equip it using /equipset!
Stage One and Stage Two Key Items are automatically added to your character upon defeating certain Notorious Monsters. They are consumed at each stages' trade-in.
Eggs are rare/ex items that drop from various NMs throughout the world. They are heavily influenced by Treasure Hunter, so it is recommended that you bring along a thief.
Stage One Weapons
Stage One Weapons are obtained through Key Items dropped from the following NMs.
- Gurfurlur the Menacing – MALFORMED_KNUCKLES
- Medusa – MALFORMED_BOW
- Gulool Ja Ja – MALFORMED_KATANA
- Novv the Whitehearted – MALFORMED_SCYTHE
- Xolotl – MALFORMED_GREAT_AXE
- Kirin – MALFORMED_STAFF
- Ultima – MALFORMED_DAGGER
- Omega – MALFORMED_CLUB
- Cerberus – MALFORMED_GREAT_SWORD
- Hydra – MALFORMED_GREAT_KATANA
- Khimaira – MALFORMED_SWORD
Upon collecting all Stage One Key Items, the moogle beside Bahamut will reward you with a Stage One Weapon. This process is instant and automatic, so be mindful of which job you are currently on and be sure to have at least one free slot of inventory space.
|Weapon Type||Job||Stage One Weapon|
Stage Two Key Items
- Vrtra – MALFORMED_AXE
- Tinnin – MALFORMED_GUN
- Tyger – MALFORMED_POLEARM
- Sarameya – MALFORMED_SHIELD
- Pandemonium Warden – MALFORMED_FLUTE
- Absolute Virtue – DRAINED_ORB
- Jormungand – Wing Egg
- Hippomaritimus (Bahamut) – Lamp Egg
- Ahtu (Ouryu) – Flower Egg
- Dynamis Lord – Jeweled Egg
- Buburimboo (Lilith Ascendant) – Orphic Egg
- Fafnir – Happy Egg
- Tiamat – Fortune Egg
- Dark Ixion – Random Egg(s)